#Isyourcityclean #Swachhsurvekshan2017 60 Seconds l 6 Questions l 500 Cities
Your City l Your Feedback at www.swachh-survekshan.in.
“Swachh Survekshan” survey in 2017 will rank 500 cities across the country based on urban sanitation.
Delhi News: Minister of Urban Development Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu today launched ‘Swachh Suvekshan-2017’ to assess and rank 500 cities and towns based on levels of sanitation and efforts made by respective urban local bodies and also to capture progress towards achieving ‘Open Defecation Free’ status. The Minister also released in New Delhi today various publications and mobile applications to help the 500 cities and towns prepare for the survey to be conducted in January next year.
Shri Venkaiah Naidu addressed Mayors, Municipal Chairpersons, Municipal Commissioners and other concerned officials of 500 cities and towns to be surveyed via video conferencing. He informed the city officials that cities will be ranked based on the reports by urban local bodies on the progress made towards construction of toilets, feedback of citizens and independent observation of sanitation levels. Cities with a population of one lakh and above each, heritage and tourism cities, capital cities with less than one lakh population are included in this survey, the second since the launch of Swachh Bharat Mission.
Guidelines of the Swachh Survekshan-2017
• Cities will be ranked based on the reports by urban local bodies on the progress made towards construction of toilets, feedback of citizens and independent observation of sanitation levels.
• Cities with a population of one lakh and above each, heritage and tourism cities, capital cities with less than one lakh population are included in this survey.
• Quality Council of India which conducted the last Survey in 73 cities will conduct the survey in 500 cities and towns.
Swachhata App and Swachhata Helpline
• Naidu also launched a web portal Swachhata App and Swachhta Helpline 1969 to enable citizens associate more and more with Swachh Bharat Mission in urban areas.
• Citizens can post photos of unhygienic places in urban areas on Swachh App and they will be informed of action taken by respective urban local bodies in specific time period.
• Using toll free Helpline Number 1969, citizens can seek information about the ways of participating in cleanliness mission and can also enquire the status of their applications for construction of toilets.
In this Survekshan, citizen voice has 30% weight-age. Your active participation can make your city cleaner. Please fill the form to submit your honest feedback.
You can also give a missed call at 1969 to record your response. (1969 service to register your response shall begin shortly.)