KCR Biography in English:
The Legend of Telangana Mr. KCR full name Kalvakuntla.Chandrashekar Rao is the First Chief Minister of Newly formed 29th State of India, “TELANGANA”. KCR was born on 17th February 1954. He played a key role in the formation of separate state Telangana. Which was Formed on June 2nd, 2014? He is the president of TRS (Telangana Rashtra Samithi) a regional party in India. Wikipedia
Full Name: Kalvakuntla. Chandrashekar Rao.
Date of Birth: 17 February 1954.
Birth Village: Chintamadaka of Siddipet Mandal of Medak District.
Parents: Father: Sri. Raghava Rao and Mother: Smt. Venkatamma.
Education: M.A. (Literature) Educated at Osmania University
KCR Spouse(S): K.Sobha
Children: K.T.Rama Rao (Son) and K.Kavitha (Daughter)
Political Party: Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS)
Personal Life: (Family)
Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao is married to Shobha and blessed with two children. His son, K. T. Rama Rao, is a legislator from Sircilla, Karimnagar district, Telangana and is the cabinet minister for IT & Panchayat Raj Departments & In 2016 as Municipal Administration Ministry. His daughter, Kalvakuntla Kavitha, is M.P. from Nizamabad, Telangana. His nephew, Harish Rao, is MLA from the Siddipet constituency and is now the cabinet minister for Irrigation, Legislative Affairs and Marketing in the Telangana government. KCR has 9 sisters and 1 elder brother. KCR has good command over languages Telugu, English, Urdu, and Hindi.
KCR had a Master’s Degree in Telugu literature From Osmania Arts College-Osmania University, Hyderabad.
KCR Political Profile
|1||1983||MLA||Siddipet||Ananthula Madan Mohan (INC)||27889 – 28766||– 887||Lost|
|2||1985||MLA||Siddipet||T. Mahender Reddy (INC)||45215 – 29059||16156||Won|
|3||1989||MLA||Siddipet||Ananthula Madan Mohan (INC)||53145 – 39329||13816||Won|
|4||1994||MLA||Siddipet||Ananthula Madan Mohan (INC)||64645 – 37538||27107||Won|
|5||1999||MLA||Siddipet||Mushinam Swamy Charan (INC)||69169 – 41614||27555||Won|
|6||2001 By Polls||MLA||Siddipet||Mushinam Swamy Charan (TDP)||82632 – 23920||58712||Won|
|7||2004||MLA||Siddipet||Jilla Srinivas (TDP)||74287 – 29619||44668||Won|
|8||2004||MP||Karimnagar||Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao (BJP)||451199 – 320031||131168||Won|
|9||2006 By Polls||MP||Karimnagar||T. Jeevan Reddy (INC)||378030 – 176448||201582||Won|
|10||2008 By Polls||MP||Karimnagar||T. Jeevan Reddy (INC)||269452 – 253687||15765||Won|
|11||2009||MP||Mahabubnagar||Devarakonda Vittal Rao (INC)||366569 – 346385||20184||Won|
|12||2014||MLA||Gajwel||Pratap Reddy Vanteru (TDP)||86694 – 67303||19391||Won|
|13||2014||MP||Medak||Devarakonda Vittal Rao (INC)||657492 – 260463||397029||Won|
In Medak district, KCR started his career with the youth Congress party which was controlled by Sanjay Gandhi in the 1970’s. KCR has a victory in Lok sabha in the year 1977.
Merge in TDP (Telugu Desam Party):
- KCR was a member of congress party. Later he joined TDP in 1983 and standard against A. Madan Mohan and lost that election. And he won four consecutive Assembly elections from Siddipet between 1985 and 2014.
- He worked as Minister of Drought from 1987-1988, and he appointed as TDP convener for Medak, Nizamabad, and Adilabad districts.
- In 1996, KCR worked as Transport Cabinet Minister and also served as deputy speaker of the Andhra Assembly from 2000-2001.
- KCR resigned as Deputy Speaker and TDP MLA on 27 April 2001.
Turning Point for Telangana:
Telangana Rashtra Samithi(TRS):
- In April 2001, KCR formed Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS), to form separate Agenda.
- KCR was then the Deputy Speaker of AP State assembly had started background work on Telangana issue in early 2000. And after detailed discussions and deliberations with a plethora of Telangana intellectuals, KCR announced the launch of Telangana Rashtra Samithi on May 17th, 2001.
- KCR had resigned to the post of Deputy Speaker and MLA and launched the Telangana Rashtra Samithi party.
In the Election 2014:
- In 2014, KCR was elected as MLA from Gajwel Constituency of Medak Dist of Telangana State with a majority of 19218 and as MP from Medak Constituency with a majority of 397029 on 16-5-2014.
- He took oath as the first Chief Minister of Telangana State.
Where TRSPARTY got 63 out of 119 assembly seats and 11 of 17 Lok sabha Seats in Telangana State. It was the largest votes for the election 2014 in Telangana State.
Appointed as Chief Minister (CM):
Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao took oath as the first Chief Minister of Telangana on June 2nd, 2014 at 12:57 Pm.
- CNN-IBN popular choice Indian of the year 2014 elected in POLITICAL category awarded on 17-03-2015. Due to the absence of KCR, it was presented to TRS MP K Keshava Rao well known as (KK).
KCR Speech Videos:
Welfare Schemes and Programmes initiated as Chief Minister Under Telangana Government:
- Grama Jyothi Program.
- Mission Kakatiya.
- Mission Bhagiratha Alia’s Telangana Water Grid Project.
- Haritha Haram.
- Kalyana Lakshmi/ Shaadi Mubarak.
- Arogya Lakshmi.
- Aasara pensions Scheme.
- Housing for the poor (2BHK) Double Bedroom.
- Land distribution to Dalits.
- Rice distribution (For Hostels).
- 6Kg’s Ration Rice via Food Security Cards.
- Double Pension for Army personnel.
- Strengthening security apparatus (CCTV project).
- Police Control Rooms.
- She Teams for protection of Women’s
- She Cabs.
- 24 Hours Power Supply.
- Public Toilets.
- Metro Rail.
- GHMC 5/- Meals.
- New Vehicles for Police with latest GPS Tracking system.
- Swachh Telangana.
- Free Wifi at Urban Areas.
- 200 Vegetables Markets at Hyderabad.
- Cleaning of Hussain Sagar and Musi Nadi.
- NRI Policy.
In the News After 2014.
- On 17th Feb 2016: Telangana Director N.Shankar Released Special Birthday Video Song.