Breaking News

Mission Bhagiratha to provide drinking water across Telangana by year-end

Hyderabad: Mission Bhagiratha, a bold initiative taken up by Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao to provide safe piped drinking water to all house-holds in the States entered crucial phase.

Nearly 90 per cent of the main works have been completed in the State and the rest 10 per cent would be completed in a month. The Rural Water Supply Department is ready with an action plan to fullfill the promise of providing clean drinking water to all by the year end.

Mission Bhagiratha vice-chairman Vemula Prashanth Reddy, who reviewed the works on Saturday with all the SEs, DEs and work agencies said that coming one month will be crucial for the success of the programme.

He recalled that the Chief Minister had taken up the programme to address perennial problem of drinking water that made Telangana women walk kilometers to fetch drinking water.

Once the project was completed women need not go out with empty pots in search of water, Prashanth Reddy said and was all praise for the Mission Bhagiratha staff as they toiled day-and-night to complete the works on a war-footing. He wanted the works to be executed with the same zeal so that the programme can be completed well before the schedule.

“The machinery such as pumps and motors which are to be installed as part of the programme were already acquired and shifted to the works place,” Reddy said. The works on pumping centers will also be stepped up. He directed the engineers to engage separate teams for fitting the valves. He also wanted them to conduct trial runs wherever the project works are completed.

The post Mission Bhagiratha to provide drinking water across Telangana by year-end appeared first on Telangana Today.



from Telangana – Telangana Today http://ift.tt/2A8lPro

No comments